The African American Leadership Society (AALS) is a proud new donor network of United Way of the Quad Cities. Together, we’re helping kids be successful in school and life, ensuring adults are gainfully employed and financially stable and helping individuals find happiness and health.
- Well Suited: This mentoring program pairs male African American professionals with African American boys in grades 1-9 in an effort to build relationships, promote confidence and inspire pride. Mentors not only serve as role models, but life instructors who provide educational and emotional support for their mentees.
- Community Awareness: AALS members advance awareness of the disparities in our region’s African American community. Members engage in public speaking opportunities to further dialogues about improving diversity and inclusion practices and promoting academic/economic achievements within the African American community.
- MLK Day-On: AALS members take this important holiday to give back to the community through volunteerism. Members participate together in a special volunteer activity to enhance the community.
What we do:
- Invest: AALS invests in results in order to create a stronger, healthier region.
- Advocate: We connect African American leaders and raise awareness of for those in our community who need a voice.
- Volunteer: As AALS members, we actively participate in the community and activities to help make the changes we wish to see.