The African American Leadership Society (AALS) is a proud new donor network of United Way of the Quad Cities. We focus on fostering the next generation of African American leaders in the Quad Cities while helping to make an impact on education, income and health in the region.
- Mentoring: This program pairs male African American professionals with African American boys in grades 1-9 in an effort to build relationships, promote confidence and inspire pride. Mentors not only serve as role models, but life instructors who provide educational and emotional support for their mentees.
- Community Awareness: AALS members educate policy makers and the public about the disparities in our region’s African American community. Members engage in public speaking opportunities to further dialogues about improving diversity and inclusion practices and promoting academic/economic achievements within the African American community.
- Community School Project: AALS members and supporters help develop reading skills with Kindergarten through 3rd grade students at Madison Elementary in Davenport to encourage early success in school.
What we do:
- Invest: AALS invests in results in order to create a stronger, healthier region.
- Advocate: We connect African American leaders and raise awareness of those in our community who need a voice.
- Volunteer: As AALS members, we actively participate in activities to help make the changes we wish to see.