Women United is a dynamic and determined group of Quad Cities women, who believe that every Quad Cities child deserves to be ready to succeed in school and live their best possible life.
Why we care:
- 1 in 6 kids in the Quad Cities starts kindergarten without the skills needed to succeed.
- A child who is not ready to succeed in kindergarten is twice as likely to not be reading at grade-level by 3rd grade, which leads to an increase in dropout rates, especially among low-income and minority students.
- Quality early learning experiences are a key driver of school readiness, vital to improving high school graduation rates and critical to our region’s future economic well-being.
- Diapers and pull-ups
- Baby wipes
- Baby shampoo and baby wash
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash and bar soap
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dental floss
- Combs and hairbrushes
- Tampons and feminine napkins