If you sort through the stories of people nominated for assistance in the annual Quad-City Times Wish List campaign, presented in partnership with United Way, one thing becomes clear: There are a lot of people in our community with unique needs or through no fault of their own, have nowhere to turn for help. Read the stories about some of the families who need help this year.
Spread some holiday cheer and help reclaim kindness this season of giving. Together, we can grant as many wishes as possible through the help of generous cash donations from people like you. Give to the Quad-City Times Wish List online.
Or send check or money order to:
United Way of the Quad Cities
852 Middle Road, Suite 401
Bettendorf, IA 52722
As part of the Quad-City Times’ commitment to our community, United Way and local agencies are asked to nominate people who would truly benefit. We received several dozen nominations of families seeking basic household items or simple life experiences — many items we take for granted each day. From those nominations, our committee selected individuals or families in hopes we could make their lives a little easier.
- Quad-City Times Wish List accepts monetary donations only.
- Please do not mail contributions to the Quad-City Times.
- Do not mail cash.
- Administrative and publication expenses are absorbed by the Quad-City Times and United Way, which means 100% of your contributions benefit the Quad-City Times Wish List's nominees. As long as money is available, we will keep granting wishes.
- Once the money is received, we will notify the nominating agency of our decision to authorize the granting of Quad-City Times Wish List funds.
- If you are a business owner and wish to help out with a designated need, contact Karrie Abbott at United Way at 563.344.0330.