Who We Are
United Way of the Quad Cities Area works to improve the lives of Quad Citizens in need.
What We Do
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We win by Living United. By forging unlikely partnerships. By finding new solutions to old problems. By mobilizing the best resources. And by inspiring individuals to join the fight against our community's most daunting social crises.
United Way of the Quad Cities Area focuses on 3 foundational areas:
- Moving people towards self-sufficiency
- provide basic needs of food, shelter, and transportation
- educate families on skills to become financially self-sufficient
- provide skills and tools to obtain and maintain employment
- Ensuring people are workforce-ready through education
- quality early learning
- teach parenting skills and providing resources for parents
- promote reduced school absences
- discourage high-risk activities
- reduce summer learning loss
- provide life skills to students
- support for students at-risk of not completing high school
- education opportunities for unemployed and under-employed
- assist with post-secondary certification or education
- Addressing community mental health needs
- support for trauma and abuse victims
- family counseling
- timely access to mental health care
- adequate access to respite services
- through a collaborative mental health assessment that identified the need for a consortium to close the gaps in the Quad Cities
How We Do It
United Way is a volunteer-led organization that brings together organizations and resources to address these challenges, ensuring every investment delivers a measurable, positive impact on our community.
- Give. Through generous monetary donations, we are able to move the needle on our community's most pressing needs.
- Volunteer. Through hundreds of volunteers providing time and resources, we are able to make an impact in our community.