Learning in these unprecedented times is tough. We need volunteers now more than ever, to help set all Quad Cities kids up for success by getting them back on track in school through Read to Lead (powered by Vello®).
- Due to COVID-19, most experts estimate that the loss of academic skills over the course of summer vacation, referred to as “summer slide,” has grown by as much as 4X this year.
- Right now, 33% of Quad Cities third graders are not reading at grade level.
Read to Lead:
- Is a safe and secure digital website setting.
- Uses a simple screen sharing and audio for reading lessons.
- Volunteers commit to 30 minutes, once a week (volunteer choosing) [excluding school holidays/breaks].
- Volunteer from anywhere. A computer, phone and internet and willing heart is all it takes.
- Background check and participation in 20-minute online training session is required for all volunteers.