Job Vacancy Announcement
Position Title: President and Chief Executive Officer
Position Type: Full-Time, Salary
The United Way of the Quad Cities Area, a bi-state community of 325,000 residents in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois, seeks an inspirational, strategic and operational leader to galvanize community support for its mission to improve lives in the community. The successful candidate will provide leadership of the United Way and serve as a convener and collaborator with other nonprofit, civic, community and business groups to achieve positive community impact. As the leader of a major community organization, the CEO will engage effectively with other community leaders and donors to address community priorities and to help advance the community’s collective agenda, including its Q2030 regional vision of building a cool, creative, connected and prosperous community.
Provides inspirational, strategic and operational leadership for the United Way of the Quad Cities Area in pursuit of its mission: to mobilize people and resources to improve the lives in the community. Serves as a key leader in the nonprofit community, and engages with and builds strong relationships with community leaders in the nonprofit, civic and business sectors. Serves as a champion for philanthropy and volunteerism in the community, and effectively leads fundraising for the United Way and its funded agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree or certifications preferred.
- Ten years of management experience required, including supervision of professional staff, with a minimum five years at a senior-level management position.
- Demonstrated trail of successful leadership in the nonprofit or profit sector, including demonstrated success in change management.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated success in community leadership, including leadership of or involvement in the nonprofit human services sector.
- Experience in working for or service on a board of directors for a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to philanthropy and community development initiatives.
- Commitment to diversity and experience working with diverse communities and audiences.
Knowledge and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will bring the following to this position:
- Excellent communicator
- An inspirational and positive presence and leader
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent in collaborating with community entities to accomplish community impact
- Strong fundraising experience and results
- Effective in working with the business community
- Effective in working with diverse communities
- Strong record of community engagement both professionally and as a volunteer
- Effective in engaging a board of directors in the work of the organization
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter of application, and list of confidential references to:
United Way CEO Search
c/o Chancellor’s Office
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
101 W. 3rd St.
Davenport, Iowa 52801
Application Deadline: Position open until filled. Search Committee review of applications will begin September 24, 2018.