Health - The Cornerstone
We know that physical and mental health is critical to an individual’s ability to lead his/her best life, so United Way of the Quad Cities works to improve people’s health and happiness.
Did you know?
- Approximately one in five people experience a mental health issue a year. United Way works with community partners, practitioners and experts to shine a light on and address the behavior and mental health challenges in our community.
What we do:
- Give more than $900,000 to organizations that help improve the health of citizens. These include counseling, trauma support, physical activity and mental health services.
- Gather more than 1,300 volunteers, who worked to improve parks and playgrounds as they participate in region-wide field days to build healthy and strong families.
Why we focus on health:
- In the Quad Cities, 50 percent of individuals with low income reported their mental health as fair or poor.
- See more our area’s mental health assessment.
Ashley is a domestic abuse survivor. Watch a video with Ashley's story.