On Oct. 15, the Quad Cities Equity Summit brought together a cross-section of Quad Citizens to show up, speak up and stand up for our minority communities that have long been impacted by persistent and underlying racism, prejudice and inequities.
Altogether, over 400 people took part in 29 virtual, small-group conversations to help bring about lasting change, reflecting on the following topics:
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
- CULTURAL TRAUMA AND ITS IMPACT ON THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF BLACK, HISPANIC, LGBTQ QUAD CITIZENS
- TRUE EQUITY / POWER SHARING
- ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY / MOBILITY
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
On Nov. 19, Courageous Conversations: Equity in Action will turn community-generated ideas into solutions to create a more inclusive – and successful – Quad Cities. Registration is now open.
For more information, details on the Equity Summit, or to become an investor, please contact Vice President of Development Gwen Tombergs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563.344.0335.
- About United for Equity
- Become a United for Equity Supporter
- Sign-up for the 21-Day Equity Challenge
THANK-YOU TO OUR PARTNERS AND GENEROUS INVESTORS