MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR JOURNEY!
- Read the welcome letter from Rene Gellerman, United Way President & CEO.
- Track your thoughts and impressions on what resonates most with you each day using the Equity Challenge Activity Log. Download here.
- Looking to take the challenge with a team of coworkers, friends or a partner? Share your insights and grow together using the Equity Challenge Discussion Guide to help you facilitate these conversations. Download here.
- Share your reflections and moments of inspiration on social media using #EquityChallengeQC and #UnitedWayQC. Don’t miss out on updates — follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
take the challenge at your own pace
2,000 Quad Citizens have signed up to take action and change habits to bring about systemic change and advance equity through the 21-Day Equity Challenge. While no future sessions are currently scheduled, below are links to each of the daily actions so you can take the Challenge at your own pace.
- DAY 1: Personal Racial Identity
- DAY 2: Understanding and Reflecting on Our Bias
- DAY 3: What is Privilege?
- DAY 4: Talking About Race Is Challenging for Some. Here's Why.
- DAY 5: The Impact of Racial Trauma on Black, Indigenous and Other People of Color
- DAY 6: Levels of Racism
- DAY 7: Opportunity in the Quad Cities
- DAY 8: Segregation
- DAY 9: Racial Disparities in Homelessness and Housing
- DAY 10: How Your Race Affects Your Health
- DAY 11: What is Environmental Racism?
- DAY 12: The Racial Wealth Gap
- DAY 13: Behind the Starting Line — Racialized Outcomes in Early Childhood
- DAY 14: Education & School-Aged Children
- DAY 15: Adverse Childhood Experiences
- DAY 16: Equity & The LGBTQI+ Community
- DAY 17: Building a Race Equity Culture
- DAY 18: Being an Ally
- DAY 19: Tools for the Racial Equity Change Process
- DAY 20: Final Reflections
- DAY 21: Take Action in the Quad Cities
Click here to learn more about United for Equity. For questions about the Challenge, contact Operations Assistant Amy Daniels at email@example.com or 563.344.0344. For information regarding how to invest in United for Equity, contact Karrie Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563.344.0330.
THANK-YOU TO OUR PARTNERS AND GENEROUS INVESTORS