- Sign-up for the Challenge
- Challenge Resources and Material
- Sign-up for the Equity Summit
- About United for Equity
- Become a United for Equity Supporter
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
The past several months have made the realities of racial inequality and injustice harder to overlook than ever before for so many.
During these times of uncertainty, it’s easy to retreat to our comfort zones. At the same time, we face an unprecedented opportunity to embrace the uncomfortable and face the systemic problems head on.
Join the United Way, our partners in the community and hundreds of Quad Citizens just like you in changing habits to build and imagine a more equitable Quad Cities with the 21-Day Equity Challenge. Listen, learn, reflect and act to help us live our lives Stronger Together.
How It Works
- For 21 days, you’ll receive an email. It will include suggestions for readings, podcasts, videos, observations, and ways to form and deepen community connections and understanding.
- You’ll be challenged to do one action to further your knowledge about the disparities in the Quad Cities and the understanding of the power, privilege, supremacy, oppression, and equity.
- The daily Plan includes reading, listening, watching and connecting resources.
- The resources enlighten the values at stake, the problem, examples of solutions and options for taking action.
- Can be done individually, with friends and family, or organization-wide.
- Participants will be invited to the Quad Cities Equity Summit in October.
This Challenge was originally developed by Dr. Eddie Moore, Jr., Dr. Marguerite Penick-Parks and Debby Irving and has been adapted by Food Solutions New England. United Way Quad Cities and partners Quad Cities Community Foundation, Quad Cities Chamber and Visit Quad Cities have adapted the challenge for our community.
- Dr. Randolph Burl
- Brandy Donaldson
- Alfred Ramirez
- Kelly Thompson
- Jabari Woods
equity challenge resources
join the movement: sign up in support of united for equity
It’s up to all of us to build a future in which every Quad Citizen has the opportunity to develop their full potential. Join our growing movement and sign your name in support for United for Equity. (Note: Businesses, organizations and individuals can become supporters.)
For questions about the Challenge, contact Operations Assistant Amy Daniels at email@example.com or 563.344.0344. For information regarding how to invest in United for Equity, contact Vice President of Development Gwen Tombergs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563.344.0335.
EMAILS NOT DELIVERING? PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM / JUNK FOLDER, OR PROMOTIONS / UPDATES FOLDER ON GMAIL.
Let us know if you have not received your daily challenges, sent each day of your session at 5:30 a.m. Call 563.344.0344.
THANK-YOU TO OUR PARTNERS AND GENEROUS INVESTORS