United Way Quad Cities Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
United Way Quad Cities seeks to engage the entire community in our work. We seek to value diversity by respecting and appreciating race, religion, language differences, abilities, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation and socio-economic status. That commitment is reflected in all aspects of United Way’s work - including our staff, volunteers, partners, vendors and the community we serve.
- United Way Quad Cities’ vision and mission center on inclusion and equity.
- Our vision is that our community is a place where all individuals and families thrive – a community where everyone has the opportunity to live a healthy life, acquire the education they need to earn a good living and have a roof over their heads.
- We will be active allies to eradicate systemic and institutional racism in our community.
- To be inclusive is to leverage diversity by bringing unique individual backgrounds to collectively, individually and more effectively address issues facing our community.
- Our board, staff and volunteers must reflect the spectrum of faces and walks of life which make up our community It is our goal that our Board, staff, volunteers, partners, vendors, strategies and investments also reflect these values of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Together let’s embrace and leverage Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure we all live our best lives, here in the Quad Cities region.
- United Way's 21-Day Equity Challenge
- NAACP Davenport
- NAACP - Rock Island County, Illinois Branch
- The QC Empowerment Network
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- How to talk to your children about race and racism: Spring Forward book giveaway
- Anti-Racism Reading List
- How to Talk to Kids About Race: Books and Resources That Can Help
- What Black Lives Matter Means
- Shining a Light
- Antiracism Resources