- About United for Equity
- Become a United for Equity Supporter
- Sign-up for the FINAL 21-Day Equity Challenge
TURNING EQUITY-FOCUSED IDEAS INTO ACTION
There are persistent disparities present in every aspect of social and economic well-being in our community. Courageous Conversations: Equity in Action turns community-generated ideas into solutions to create a more inclusive – and successful – Quad Cities.
THURSDAY, NOV. 19
NOON – 1 P.M.
VIRTUAL ZOOM (REGISTRATION CLOSES NOON NOV. 17).
On Oct. 15, we hosted the Equity Summit where more than 400 Quad Citizens took part in small group discussions to generate solutions to tackle inequities in our community.
During our Courageous Conversations event, we’ll begin the journey of turning those ideas into action, focusing on three key impact areas: education, health and income.
What you can expect from the event:
- Report on Findings: You will be INFORMED about what came out of the October Equity Summit. Social action experts, Harold Hogue II and Lauren Coppedge of COSPERO Social Impact Consultants, will share the key issues, strategies and priorities that emerged from the Equity Summit.
- Meet United Way’s Equity Investment Volunteer Panel: You will be ENERGIZED about our regions’ possibilities when you meet the volunteer-led panel that will help identify the community groups that will receive for up to $200,000 in funding to transform our equity-focused priorities into actions. Local social entrepreneurs and grass roots organizations will learn how to submit proposals for grants.
- Meet Allies: You will be GRATIFIED that you live in a community that shows up and stands up to put opportunity in the hands of all Quad Citizens.
Courageous Conversations will serve as a powerful starting point to effectively address disparities and push the Quad Cities toward action in greater, more intentional, investment and action in equity-focused problem-solving.
Ready to join the growing number of Quad-Cities partners, leading on Equity? Contact Gwen Tombergs at email@example.com or 563-344-0335 or support the United for Equity Fund.
THANK-YOU TO OUR PARTNERS AND GENEROUS INVESTORS