We have some tough issues to tackle in the Quad Cities. Children, families, and individuals are struggling.
- 32% of Quad Cities 3rd graders are not reading at grade level.
- 14% of Quad Cities children are not ready for kindergarten.
- 37% of Quad Citizens struggle to pay for their basic needs.
- 50% of low-income individuals in the Quad Cities report their mental health is fair or poor.
But there is hope! These issues are complex, but when we stand united we can create positive and lasting change. A place where all Quad Citizens thrive.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. We partner with individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and government with a focus in these areas:
- Overcome educational barriers - by helping children effectively enter and perform well in school, graduating ready for college or career.
- Break the cycle of poverty - by helping Quad Citizens receive adequate food and shelter, as well as the educational tools necessary to be self-sufficient.
- Stay healthy and safe - by helping families struggling with physical and mental health challenges to receive the treatment and support necessary to improve their long-term well-being.
You can make a difference
We make it easy for everyone to make a difference by donating their time, money, or voice to make the Quad Cities a better place to live and work.