Too often Black-led organizations miss out on opportunities, funding and professional networking due to lack of visibility and nonprofit status, ending up unable to scale at the rates of their white counterparts.
Building Bridges aims to uplift Black-led organizations so they receive recognition and potential funding for the work they are doing to bridge racial gaps and dismantle local barriers to success.
Through exposure to local leaders and subject experts on nonprofit leadership, organizational development and community dynamics, Building Bridges participants will become familiar with resources, receive information, and build relationships with an established support system to help strengthen their operations and influence in the region.
This six-week capacity building program, from Sept. 23 to Oct. 28, is designed specifically for Black-led nonprofits and grassroots organizations. Sessions will be held virtually. Sessions one through four will require 1-2 hours of homework prior to each session.
How the Program Works
- Ten participants will be chosen through an application process to take part in a six-session customized program facilitated by CoSpero.
- Applicants must identify as African American or Black.
- Their business, organization or line of work must benefit the Black community and/or People of Color within our region.
- Applicants do not have to have an established 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
- Those with an established nonprofit may participate if they meet the above requirements.
- AALS will provide $1,000 stipends to each participant upon completion of the program and make targeted dollars available to addressneeds that emerge from the sessions.
Email email@example.com for more information.