Born Learning Academies
Born Learning Academies consist of a series of six free workshops that are designed to help parents prepare their children for success. The academies are an initiative of our Women United donor network.
Session topics include:
- Early learning & relationships
- Language skills
- Nutrition & health
- Starting routines
- Free table for each family that attends 5 of 6 workshops
- Giveaways for parents and kids
Parents who have attended a Born Learning Academy are invited to attend Born Learning 2.0. The six free, one-hour workshops build on the skills you’ve already learned to further prepare your child.
SIGN UP FOR AN ACADEMY
For parents with a child who hasn't yet entered kindergarten and/or is expecting a child.
- Skip-A-Long Development Center, Rock Island | Sept. 29 - Nov. 3, 2021. Register by Sept. 22 at unitedwayqc.org/BL17
- Madison Elementary School, Davenport | Oct. 4 - Nov. 8, 2021. Register by Sept. 27 at unitedwayqc.org/BL19
- Buchanan Elementary School, Davenport | Oct. 7 - Nov. 11, 2021. Register by Sept. 30 at unitedwayqc.org/BL6
- Neil Armstrong Elementary School, Park View | Oct. 11 - Nov. 15, 2021. Register by Oct. 3 at unitedwayqc.org/BL8
- Jefferson Early Learning Center, Moline | Oct. 27 - Dec. 8, 2021. Register by Oct. 20 at unitedwayqc.org/BL3
Sign up to be notified of future academies below.
Sorry, there are no planned Born Learning 2.0 Academies at this time. Please check back at a later date or sign up to be notified of future academies.
For parents with a child who hasn't yet entered kindergarten and has completed a Born Learning Academy.
In addition to Born Learning Academies, Women United volunteers have developed additional programs and tools in the Quad Cities to help you prepare your child for scholastic success.
ADDITIONAL TOOLS AND PROGRAMS
Sign up for Start Smart Quad Cities texts on fun, educational things to do with your child under five years.
You’ll receive four text messages per week. Sign up by texting BORNLEARNING to 95577.
Our Born Learning trails include fun games or activities posted on aluminum signs. Activities include counting the number of flowers or colors nearby, hopscotch and identifying shapes, colors and various images painted on the ground.
Quad Cities locations include:
- Buffalo Park – 1115 Chestnut St., Buffalo
- Camden Park – Highway 67 & Milan Beltway, Milan
- Fairmount Pines Housing Complex – 4205 N Fairmount St., Davenport
- Family Museum - 2900 Learning Campus Dr., Bettendorf
- Marquette Park – 3200 N. Marquette St., Davenport
- Nahant Marsh – 4220 Wapello Ave., Davenport
- Skip-A-Long Child Development Services – 1609 4th St., Rock Island