Children are Born Learning. Research has proven that a child’s brain is nearly fully developed by age five. That gives parents 5 short years to prepare their child for kindergarten.
Born Learning Texting
Sign up for texts for fun and educational things to do with your child under 5 years. You’ll receive 3 text messages per week.
To sign up text BORNLEARNING to 95577.
Born Learning Calendar
The Born Learning calendar provides daily ideas to make everyday moments teaching moments.
Download the 2019 Born Learning Calendar.
If you would like to have one mailed to you, fill out this form or call 563.355.4310.
Born Learning Academies
Born Learning Academies are a series of 6 workshops for parents with a child who hasn't yet entered kindergarten and/or be expecting a child. All academies are limited to 20 families at each location and are available first come, first served. Academies include:
- Free dinner.
- Free child care provided.
- Free giveaways for kids and parents.
- Each family that attends 5 of the 6 workshops is awarded a tablet pre-loaded with age-appropriate apps for your children.
2018 Fall BORN LEARNING Academies
All Born Learning Academies for Fall 2018 are in session or complete. Winter 2018 / Spring 2019 Born Learning Academy dates will be announced in December.
Born Learning Trails
Get outside and visit a trail for outdoor fun and learning. The trails include fun games or activities posted on aluminum signs such as count the number of flowers or colors nearby, hopscotch, identifying shapes, colors, and various images painted on the ground.
Born Learning Trails located in the Quad Cities:
- Buffalo Park – 1115 Chestnut St., Buffalo
- Camden Park – Highway 67 & Milan Beltway, Milan
- Fairmount Pines Housing Complex – 4205 N Fairmount St., Davenport
- Family Museum - 2900 Learning Campus Dr., Bettendorf - new in Spring 2018
- Marquette Park – 3200 N. Marquette St., Davenport
- Nahant Marsh – 4220 Wapello Ave., Davenport
- Skip-A-Long Child Development Services – 1609 4th St., Rock Island
Born Learning is an initiative of Women United.
Questions? Contact Leslee Cook at 563.344.0321.