Lasting change only happens when we work together. That means coming together to speak up and speak out.
With our local network and position in the community, we have a 30,000-foot view of the resources and gaps in the Quad Cities’ social challenges. We study and step into these gaps, bringing together the best people and ideas to build initiatives that fill these needs and create opportunity where it didn’t exist before.
You can help! Use your voice to raise awareness and convince policy makers to create lasting change. We educate public officials on how education, income and health policies impact our community and advocate to expand opportunities for generations.
- Early learning, including quality child care, kindergarten readiness and third grade reading proficiency
- School attendance, achievement and high school graduation
- Postsecondary job training and upskilling for adults
- Access to quality health care, including mental health services for children and adults
- Healthy lifestyles, free of substance abuse, violence and trauma
- Essential needs such as food security and affordable housing
- Equity and inclusion in all programs we support and services we provide.
- Don Doucette, Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Committee Chair
- Aimee Bland – Rock Island Arsenal
- Denise Bulat – Bi-State Regional Commission
- Carol Earnhardt – Retired Scott County Supervisor
- Angie Kendall – Hand in Hand
- Kathleen Logan – Corteva
- Lisa McGraw – Deere & Company
- Marcy Mendenhall – SAL Family & Community Services
- John Riches – Arconic
- Maggie Tinsman – Retired Iowa State Senator
Public Officials Directory
Made possible by Bi-State Regional Commission, this directory contains information on elected officials, the districts they represent, and how to contact & address them. The Directory is updated by Bi-State periodically as elections occur.
Equity Summit Community Report
The October 2020 United for Equity Summit was a virtual gathering of hundreds of Quad Citizens to discuss disparities and inequities that are holding us back as individuals and as a region. This summary report provides recommendations from those conversations. It has been shared with elected officials at the local, state and federal levels to consider as they develop policies and practices. UWQC will also use these recommendations to guide our policy development and advocacy efforts.
- Iowa House District 89 Monica Kurth (D)
- Iowa House District 90 Cindy Winckler (D)
- Iowa House District 92 Ross Paustian (R)
- Iowa House District 93 Phyllis Thede (D)
- Iowa House District 94 Gary Mohr (R)
- Iowa House District 97 Norlin Mommsen (R)
- Iowa House District 45 Jim Lykam (D)
- Iowa House District 46 Mark Lofgren (D)
- Iowa House District 47 Roby Smith (R)
- Iowa House District 49 Chris Cournoyer (R)
Join our Advocacy Network
We welcome your voice. Join our advocacy network so we can update you on news, calls to action and opportunities to connect with lawmakers.
Use your voice to create lasting change by joining our advocacy contact list. We’ll email you ONLY with announcements and reminders related to advocacy efforts, unless you opt in to join our main email list.