United Way Quad Cities COVID-19 Rebuilding Fund
United Way Quad Cities has created a fund to address the evolving and long-term rebuilding needs of Quad Citizens impacted by the coronavirus.
As a Quad Cities, we have overcome many difficult situations together over the years — but nothing quite like the economic and health emergency we face today. We’re grateful that you have joined us in this all-in effort to rebuild lives and strengthen our community.
- Shortage of supplies to meet basic health and safety needs (paper goods, hand sanitizer, cleaning products and potentially food);
- Extended closures of school, child care and after-school programs, impacting children’s access to breakfast and lunch programs and parents’ ability to work;
- Immediate economic impact for many workers, particularly in the service and retail industries.
- In July, United Way awarded $100K to 13 nonprofits addressing evolving needs in the wake of COVID-19.
- In October 2020, United Way announced $150K in grants for local nonprofits providing health, education and essential needs.
QC DISASTER RELIEF FUNDS
educational resources & Activities
- Children of All Ages
- Free Activity Texts Directly to Your Phone
- Educational TV Options
- The Corona Virus: How to Talk to Your Kids About It
- My Hero is You. Storybook to help children and young people cope with COVID-19 (multiple languages)
- COVID-19 Time Capsule coloring book